Energy & Mining
More video, data, and voice is now generated by the Oil and Gas industry than ever before in history.
Newly discovered resources and significant improvements in technology bring exciting times, but not without extreme challenges for communications. Simply put, the need for voice, video, and data far exceed the existing infrastructure and bandwidth in place to support it. Satellite, cellular, and terrestrial bandwidth are becoming stressed beyond capacity, while the costs for such services continue to climb.
Organizations and their crews have relied on Vocality to solve this challenge with:
- Up to 60% reduction in operational expenses through efficient optimization and management of satellite bandwidth
- High quality video feeds from CCTV security cameras without jitter or pixelization. Every field of view and every incident is clearly viewed.
- Better radio communications between oil pipeline and drilling platform inspection teams to HQ. Mobile inspection teams are equipped with radio equipment, however their sheer distance from base means that even radio communications are not possible. Any inability to communicate immediately between teams and HQ, can cause serious disruption and inefficient use of personnel.
- More employee welfare services at lower costs through reliable internet and phone links. Calls off ship or platform are clearly heard and web pages are loaded faster.
- Efficiently managed radio, video and data links from ships, tankers, pipelines, and drilling platforms to cellphones, IP PBXs, video conferencing, and the PSTN
Options for small sized, low power, rugged, secure, mobile communication gateways, or Linux-based optimization software for existing networks.